Egg puffs recipe
Egg Puffs are widely available throughout South India, particularly in Tamilnadu’s bakeries and coffee shops. These are a treat for any egg lover, made with a spicy onion-based boiled egg stuffing. The south Indian Egg Puff consists of a hardboiled egg and some spicy onions enclosed in a crisp golden puff pastry. The shape of the egg puff is charming. The finest way to enjoy an egg puff is to eat it hot, just out of the oven, when it is at its crispiest.
Egg Puffs in a Bakery Style
Puffs, a treat for any egg lover, are particularly popular in South India, with every bakery and tea store selling many varieties. Every bakery, eatery, and tea stand has its own egg masala recipe. The greatest version of the south Indian egg puff is made entirely of onions, and it all hinges on how nicely they are caramelized. On top of the spicy onion masala, half a boiled egg is inserted in each puff pastry. And the shape of the egg puff – it’s frequently formed into miniature pockets, a square puff pastry folded in all directions or merely folded from two ends to form a half-folded envelope. The masala and cooked egg are partially visible within the several layers of golden puff pastry, which adds to the appeal of the egg puff. The finest way to enjoy an egg puff is to eat it hot. Let’s have a look at Egg puffs recipe, particularly the south Indian Egg Puff.
Step By Step Egg puffs recipe, a treat for any egg lover
- 12 teaspoon cumin seeds, heated in a skillet with 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup onions, thinly sliced Fry until the mixture is transparent.
- Add 12 teaspoon ginger garlic paste and cook for a few minutes, or until the raw scent has gone away.
- Add 1.5 teaspoon red Kashmiri chili powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 18 teaspoon turmeric powder, and 14 teaspoon garam masala powder next. For a minute, cook
- Add salt to taste, then about 12 cup of water and cook for 7-9 minutes, covered.
- Remove from heat when the onions are cooked and there is no more liquid, and stir in 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves.
- To prepare the puffs, first cut the puff pastry dough in half. One portion should be rolled into a 14th-inch-thick rectangle. If used right away, repeat the process with the remaining half, or keep it in the fridge/freezer to use as needed.
- Trim the corners on all four sides. The clipped bits can be used to make twisted sugar cookies.
- Using a knife, cut the rectangle into four equal sections.
- Now press down on the middle of each component to slightly flatten it. This might also be done diagonally if desired.
- Depending on the size of the rolled puff pastry sheet, place 1-2 tablespoons of prepared onion masala in the center. Half a boiled egg should be placed on top of the masala.
- Close the puff by bringing two opposite edges together or by bringing all four edges together. Gently press the edges and repeat with the remaining cut puff pastry sheets. The shape of the egg puff should be appealing.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C for 20 minutes and chill the prepared puffs for 15 minutes.
- Place the cooled vegetable puffs on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. On toast mode, bake at 200°C for 25-35 minutes (both top & bottom heating filaments with fan ON)
- Remove from oven after the top and bottom are golden brown and the pastry has puffed up.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup and a cup of hot tea or filter coffee. The finest way to enjoy an egg puff is to eat it hot, just out of the oven, when it is at its crispiest.
If you click on this link, you will redirect to:
Check out the Trips News on the JourneyBlog.ca : The Galata Tower in Istanbul
Suggestions for storing and serving the south Indian Egg Puff
The finest way to enjoy an egg puff, a treat for any egg lover, is to eat it hot, just out of the oven, when it is at its crispiest. Once the puffs have completely cooled, refrigerate them in an airtight container to keep them crisp for a few hours. Because we’re working with boiled eggs, it’s best to eat them the same day to enjoy the shape of the egg puff. They will finally get soft after a few hours. Before serving, warm them in a preheated oven for 5 minutes to crisp them up again.