Ranch water, your favorite summer cocktail
Your favorite summer cocktail
When it comes to tequila cocktails, the possibilities are endless. While margaritas, tequila sunrises, and bloody Marias are all fantastic beverages, ranch water reigns supreme on hot summer days. Ranch water was first blended in the 1960s by ranch laborers in west Texas to soothe their parched throats after a long day of work, according to legend.
What Does Ranch Water Contain?
Ranch water is a simple drink with 100 per cent tequila and fresh lime juice, and Topo Chico sparkling water and served over ice. The Topo Chico is necessary because it adds a kick of earthy mineral taste and loads of bubbles to the drink. Furthermore, many Texans believe that a ranch water cocktail isn’t complete without Topo Chico. The result is a light, refreshing cocktail that is free of added sugar and sticky, sugary components, making it easy to drink all day.
Simple to make!
The best part is that ranch waters are quite simple to create. You can make a decent cocktail in under a minute with just three ingredients and no utensils.
Ingredients for a Ranch Water Cocktail Instructions
2 oz. tequila blanco
A half lime
Mineral water from Topo Chico
Ranch Water cocktail Instructions
Fill a highball glass with ice to about two-thirds full. Pour the tequila into the glass and squeeze the lime into it.
Editor’s note: Because tequila is such a key ingredient in this dish, high-quality tequila is essential. If you don’t already have a favorite tequila, have a look at our list of the top tequilas.
Fill the glass halfway with chilled Topo Chico and mix the drink vigorously.
Serve the ranch water cocktail with a wedge of lime as a garnish.
Make ranch water cocktail on Your Own
- While the simplicity of a ranch water recipe is praised, there are a few tweaks you may make on this delicious cocktail.
- Put a slice of lime down the edge of your highball glass and roll it in some kosher salt or tajin to add texture and sharpness.
- Add a dash of grapefruit juice to your cocktail for a hybrid between a ranch water and a paloma.
- While white or silver tequila is often used in ranch waters, reposado tequila or even mezcal can be substituted. Here’s where you can learn more about the many varieties of tequila.
- Change the citrus: For a different citrus profile, replace the fresh lime juice with lemon or orange juice.
Where Can I Get canned Ranch Water cocktail?
Canned ranch water cocktails, like as the best hard seltzers, are a summertime favorite, so it’s no wonder that numerous brands are canning ranch water as a ready-to-drink beverage. Here are a few of our favorite canned ranch water cocktails:
- Ranch Rider Ranch Water is a 6 percent ABV water that costs $11.99 for four bottles.
- 0 percent ABV Lone River Ranch Water, $9.79 for 6 oz.
- $12.99 for 4 bottles of RancH2O Ranch Water with 7% ABV.
- Fizz Ranch Water has a 6% alcohol by volume (ABV) and costs $8.99 for four bottles.
These are some favorite canned ranch water cocktail. These are great for a day at the beach or the park, but they aren’t prepared with Topo Chico mineral water, so the flavor will be different. Topo Chico, fortunately, has its own collection of hard seltzers, including lemon lime, tropical mango, strawberry guava, and pineapple.
If you click on this link, you will redirect to:
Check out the Trips News on the JourneyBlog.ca : Ten beautiful and spectacular islands in Asia