Cupcake frosting recipe
4 cupcake frosting recipes with different flavors that match different flavored cupcakes
What is frosting?
The frosting is a sweet, sugar-based, soft mixture we use to coat, flavor, and decorate our cakes and cupcakes. You can create limitless different tastes and looks by using different frostings for different cakes and create the cake of your choice.
4 cupcake frosting recipes
Cupcake frosting no.1: Vanilla buttercream frosting
Vanilla buttercream frosting might be the first type of frosting that comes into our mind when thinking about making a frosting because it is very rich and creamy, and super easy to whip up. If you are searching for a perfect way to finish off your cupcakes, or a cupcake frosting that pipes onto your cupcake well, you should try this easy recipe.
Ingredients you need to make vanilla buttercream frosting
Unsalted butter: ½ cup (softened)
Vanilla extract: 1 ½ teaspoon
Confectioners’ sugar: 2 cups (sifted)
Milk: 2 tablespoons
Food coloring: 3 drops (optional)
Directions to make vanilla buttercream frosting
- Use a hand mixer, a wooden spoon, or the paddle attachment of a stand mixer to cream the room-temperature butter until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in Confectioners’ sugar until fully combined.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add milk and beat for 3 or4 more minutes.
- Add food coloring and beat the mixture for about 30 seconds until smooth or until the color you want is reached.
Cupcake frosting no.2: allspice cream cheese frosting
Allspice cream cheese frosting is a cream cheese frosting that has a little extra something. This cupcake frosting recipe gives you the best frosting for spice cakes that contain allspice. This recipe gives you 16 servings of this easy-to-prepare unique frosting.
Ingredients you need to make allspice cream cheese frosting
Cream cheese: 1 package / 3 ounces (softened)
Butter: 1/3 cup (softened)
Allspice: ¾ teaspoon (ground)
Confectioners’ sugar: 4 cups
Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
Milk: 2 tablespoons
Directions to make allspice cream cheese frosting
- Blend the butter, cream cheese, and allspice in a medium bowl.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, milk, and vanilla, and mix until the mixture is spreadable.
Cupcake frosting no.3: chili cream cheese frosting
This cupcake frosting recipe gives you 10 servings of warm but not too hot frosting in 20 minutes. Chili cream cheese frosting is the best frosting for Cinco ‘de Chili Chocolate Cupcakes. You can make your frosting mild or hot.
Ingredients you need to make chili cream cheese frosting
Ancho chile pepper: 1 teaspoon (ground)
Cayenne pepper: 1/8 teaspoon
Cinnamon: ½ teaspoon (ground)
Confectioners’ sugar: 4 cups or more
Cream cheese: 1 package / 8 ounce (softened)
Butter: ½ cup (softened)
Vanilla extract: ½ teaspoon
Directions to make chili cream cheese frosting
- Sift the ground peppers, cinnamon, and confectioners’ sugar in a bowl.
- Beat in the cream cheese and butter using an electric mixer on medium speed, until the frosting is smooth.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
Tip: you can chop a small red dries chile into frosting if you like it to be very hot.
Cupcake frosting no.4: lemonade frosting
This Cupcake frosting recipe gives you 16 servings of whipped cream frosting with a tangy lemonade flavor. Use lemonade frosting on your yellow or white cupcakes and enjoy the flavor and the beauty it creates.
Ingredients you need to make lemonade frosting
Heavy whipping cream: 2 cups
White sugar: 2 tablespoons
Frozen pink lemonade concentrate: 3 fluid ounces (thawed)
Directions to make lemonade frosting
- Beat whipping cream, sugar, and pink lemonade in a large bowl until fluffy and peaks form.
Tip: use this frosting immediately.