The recipe for tomato and goat cheese galette is delicious and tempting
Lots of food and desserts can be found all over the web for parties. But if you are looking for a new and attractive dessert that is prepared with the least ingredients and is very healthy, we will teach you how to prepare a delicious dessert for parties. This dessert is called tomato galette and it is an extremely delicious dessert that is worth trying. The origin of galette goes back to France, which is traditionally a combination of goat cheese and fruit or vegetables served with fruit as a dessert and with vegetables as an appetizer.
- Suitable: 6 people
- Preparation time: 1 hour
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Total: 1 hour 45 minutes
Ingredients for tomato and goat cheese galette
- 1 ½ A cup of all-purpose flour (213 g)
- ½teaspoon of salt
- 10 tablespoons butter (142.5 g) – cold (cut into small cubes)
- 4-5 tablespoons of cold water or ice
For goat cheese mixture:
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese at room temperature
- 1 onion, both white and green, cut into thin slices
- ½ Teaspoon lemon peel
- ½Teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼Teaspoon black pepper
- 3 chopped tomatoes diameter – – medium size
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Homemade dough
To make galette dough
First, prepare the ingredients for making the galette dough
All you need is flour, cold butter (cut into small pieces), ice water, and salt.
In order for your galette to be delicious, your butter and water must be ice.
The general process of making tomato galette paste
Steps to preparing tomato and goat cheese galette
There are five steps to preparing a delicious dessert for the party. Join us to prepare a delicious meal along this route
First, you need to make the goat cheese mixture:
In order to prepare a delicious dessert for parties, first mix goat cheese, lemon slices, lemon juice, salt, and onion in a bowl to mix thoroughly.
Prepare the tomatoes:
How to prepare a delicious dessert for periods
Put the tomatoes in the oven tray. Add pepper and salt and leave for 10 minutes.
Salting the tomatoes before cooking and giving them some time will cause the tomatoes to release some of their own liquid, which is essential. This allows the tomatoes to caramelize and peel easily.
Spread the galette dough:
Bring a sheet of greaseproof paper and sprinkle some flour on it. Spread the galette dough in a radius of a 12-inch circle. Transfer the dough to a sheet in the oven tray to begin assembling the biscuit.
Spread the goat cheese mixture on the dough and have a distance of two inches from the corners. Now spread the tomatoes on the dough and cheese. Roll the corners. Brush a little egg mixed with water with the brush on the edges of the dough.
Now is the time to cook
Place the mixture in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 40-45 minutes until it turns golden brown. Transfer the galette to a wire rack to cool before serving.
Design and garnish it
Once cooked, garnish with any fresh herbs you have on hand. Fresh basil, dill, parsley, and… are all great.
How to store leftover galette in the refrigerator?
As with most pies and tarts, it is best to use this cheesecake and tomato on the same day of baking. However, if you put it in an airtight container after it has cooled completely and keep it in the refrigerator, it is best to use it the next day.
When reheating this food, heat it on low heat for 8-10 minutes.
Tips for having a better and tastier tomato galette
- Make galette dough the day before: If you want to make this recipe quickly, I recommend making galette dough the day before and keep it in the fridge. You can also make a few and keep them in the freezer for up to a month.
- It does not matter if the tomato slices are stacked on top of each other during the arrangement: you can use one or two other small tomatoes and put the pieces together on the dough to have more tomatoes .. because after cooking the tomatoes a little Shrinks, so it should not be a problem.
- Make sure the goat cheese is at room temperature: It is much easier to mix and spread soft cheeses like goat cheese at room temperature. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before preparing the galette.
- Mix goat cheese mixture with any plant you have on hand: You can add any fresh herbs you have to the goat cheese mixture.