The truth is that most people may not know the properties of good olive oil. Here in this article, we will review the properties and benefits of olive oil, and also we will recommend two products for you to purchase at the end of this article.
Features of quality olive oil
Let us start with the properties of good olive oil:
1. The best olive oil is organic
The fact is that pesticides keep away insects and ensure the growth of olives. However, they are not suitable for humans or nature.
2. The best olive oil is in a dark glass bottle
Virgin olive oil is sensitive to light because it decreases its quality and substances. Moreover, it is better to keep olive oil in a glass bottle rather than a plastic one.
3. The best olive oil has a low acidity level
The acidity level of an extra virgin olive oil should be lower than 0.8 percent. A low level of acidity means less free fatty acids and ensures better flavor, fragrance, and quality.
4. The best olive oil has a low wax content
One of the properties of good olive oil is its low wax content. A high wax content shows that second pressed olive oil has been mixed with the first cold-pressed olive oil.
5. The best olive oil has low peroxidation
Peroxidation shows to which degree the oxygen has damaged olive oil. The legally allowed maximum peroxidation degree for olive oil is 20.
Benefits of using olive oil
Now that we know the properties of good olive oil, it is time to review the benefits of using olive oil.
- Olive oil includes healthy monounsaturated fats. Findings show that the oleic acid in olive oil is very beneficial for health. As a result, using olive oil is recommended for cooking.
- Olive oil includes antioxidants. Antioxidants will reduce the risk of chronic disease and have many biological effects.
- Olive oil is anti-inflammatory. We can conclude using olive oil can prevent cancer, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and metabolic syndrome.
- Olive oil prevents strokes and heart diseases.
- Olive oil will not increase your weight. Based on the findings, a moderate intake of olive oil can help you lose some weight.
- Olive oil includes antibacterial properties since it can inhibit or kill harmful bacteria.
Which country has the best olive oil?
Most people know that Spain can offer you the best olive oil because it has been producing the best olive oil for years. According to FAOSTST, Spain produced 1,059,194 tons of olive oil from 1994 to 2013. As a result, this country can be considered a heavyweight provider of olive oil.
Spain has an ideal climate and location for cultivating mouth-watering olives. A region of Spain called Andalucía, a coastal area in the country, exports olive oil to other parts of the world. Greece, Italy, Tunisia, Portugal, the US, Morocco, France, Egypt, and Australia are also famous for their olive oil production.
Now that you can recognize good olive oil, and are familiar with the benefits of using olive oil in your diet, it is the right time to buy a good one. So here are our suggestions Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil is from olives harvested from the finest groves throughout Europe. This product is suitable for baking, roasting, dressing, and marinades. Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil has been imported from Italy and has the North American olive oil Association Certification.
Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a good everyday oil, including a delicate flavor that has the perfect balance of spicy and fruity notes. This olive oil contains oil from the following countries: Italy, Spain, Portugal, and Greece.
Mantova Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) This product is cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil mixed with garlic extract. Mantova Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) is 100 percent natural. The ingredients of this product are grown, prepared, and bottled in Italy. Mantova Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) offers a smooth flavor with a hint of sweet almond flavor.
This olive oil is suitable for pan-frying. You can also enjoy it with vegetables, fish, meat, eggs, mashed potatoes, pasta, pizza, garlic bread, Italian bread salad, or a plate of cheeses.